TOWN OF AMHERST * PUBLIC NOTICE
The Amherst Supervisors of the Checklist will be in session at the Town Clerk’s Office at the Amherst Town Hall on Saturday March 2, 2019, between 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. New voter registrations, additions and corrections to the checklist, and party changes may be made at this session.
If unsure of your current party affiliation, you may go online to check it at http://app.sos.nh.gov or check the paper checklists located at the Town Office or Town Library.
One can request a copy of the checklist through the Town Clerk’s Office. The charge is $25 for each copy of the public checklist for a town. For public checklists containing more than 2,500 names, the fee is $25 plus $.50 per thousand names or portion thereof in excess of 2,500, plus any shipping costs. The checklist may be provided on paper, computer disk, computer tape, electronic transfer, or any other form. RSA 654:31 II.
Three Supervisors of the Checklist are elected with staggered terms of six years to serve the voters of the town.
Duties of the Supervisors include the following:
- Determine if an applicant is legally qualified to vote,
- Update the Checklist of registered voters with new voter registrations and any status changes,
- Maintain and update the voter files in the Town Clerk’s Office,
- Attend periodic training sessions held in Concord,
- Hold periodic mandatory supervisor sessions and post notices in advance, and
- Educate voters about any changes to voting procedure or law. On Election Day, supervisors are to be present before, during and after elections to set up, register voters, facilitate party changes, do data entry, and tally numbers required by the Secy. of State’s Office. Following an election, supervisors enter any new voter applications and status changes into the database and scan checklists to record voter history.
|Donni Hodgkins||Term Expires 2020|
|Jeanne Ludt||Term Expires 2022|
|Margaret “Maggie” Paul||Term Expires 2024|