View Contact Info and Hours
Hours of Operation
The Amherst Building Official and Code Enforcement Officer also serves as the Health Officer for the town.
To report a serious health concern or an emergency, please call 911.
The office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
You may also contact the Office of Community Development at (603) 673-6041 ext 206.
How to Reach Us
The Health Officer is appointed by the Commissioner of the Department of Health and Human Services upon a recommendation by the Amherst Board of Selectmen. Currently, the appointed Health Officer duties are served by the Building Official for the Town.
The Board of Health is made up of the Health Officer, who serves as the secretary and executive officer of the Board, and the Board of Selectmen. The Board of Health meets on an as-needed basis to act on public health related issues.
- Enforcing applicable New Hampshire laws and administrative rules (i.e. regulations), as well as local ordinances and regulations;
- Serve as liaisons between state officials, local elected officials, and residents for local public health related issues;
- Lead and actively participate in efforts to develop regional public health capacities.
- Make sanitary investigations as directed by the Board of Health, or state Division of Public Health;
- Inquire and investigate any and all nuisances or other causes of danger to the public health, and;
- Provide information and enforcement action to prevent pollution of any aquifer or body of water.
For more information about the responsibilities and duties of the Health Officer, click here to go to the Health Officer Liaison Unit of NH's Dept. of Health and Human Services.
|Scott P. Tenney||Health Officer||603-673-6041 x 214|