View Contact Info and Hours
Hours of Operation
How to Reach Us
The Peabody Mill Environmental Center (PMEC) is an environmental and science education center which abuts almost 600 acres of Joe English conservation land. Located at the end of Brook Road in Amherst, New Hampshire, the PMEC is directed by the Amherst Recreation Department.
The mission of PMEC is to foster an awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the natural world, by offering environmental, conservation, and science programs to all ages. PMEC strives to foster diligent stewardship of our environment so that future generations may inherit and continue to be inspired by the wonders of a protected and natural world.
Please visit the Recreation Department website for our program schedule and the most up to date announcements on program cancellations.
Take advantage of online registration. Questions? Call us at 603-673-6248.
PMEC is excited to offer Birthday Celebrations. Children love our nature, craft, and “in the lab” themed parties. Review the information on our website found HERE and then call us at 673-6248 to start planning!
The Many Uses of Peabody Mill Environmental Center Include the following:
- Summer Camps (Outdoor Discovery and Wild About Science)
- Nature Programs for visiting school groups - Come to us or we can come to you! Please call the Recreation office for the wide variety of Science/Nature programming available.
- Monthly classes for home schoolers
- Full Moon Hikes
- Exercise programs for adults- True Potential, Yoga, Barre, Cario Kickboxing
- Tiny Toes dance class for preschoolers
- Children’s Birthday Celebrations
- Snowshoe & Fishing pole rental program
- Building Rentals for organizations
- Assistance with scout troop badges
If you would like to plan a special program to meet the needs for your organization or for additional information on any of the above programs, call us at (603) 673-6248.