1. Where can I get info on the Joe English Reservation?
Trails are maintained by the Amherst Conservation Commission. You can find more info on the Conservation Commission here.
2. Where can I find trail maps?
Maps are available at the kiosk adjacent to the parking area and inside the PMEC. A printable version of the Joe English Trail map is available here.
An interactive trail map is also available online here.
3. Can I bring my dog?
Yes. Dogs are welcome on the PMEC grounds and on the Joe English land. Dogs should be leashed or under voice command. Since hikers and hunters share this land, we would suggest that you make sure that you and your dog wear blaze orange during hunting season.
4. Can I ride motorized vehicles or bikes on the trails?
No bikes or motorized vehicles are allowed on the Joe English trails.
5. Is hunting allowed on the Joe English Reservation?
Yes. Hunting is allowed during hunting season. We recommend that hikers and hunters use common sense and wear blaze orange during hunting season.
6. Do you have any more info on local hiking spots?
You can get lots of info on local trails at the following places: