The system is capable of dialing 50,000 phone numbers per hour. It then delivers our recorded message to a live person or an answering machine, making three attempts to connect to any number. For more information about the CodeRED sytem, read the CodeRED FAQ. The town of Amherst has instituted the CodeRED Emergency Notification System – an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications. This system allows us to telephone all or targeted areas of the town in case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action (such as a flood notice, missing child or evacuation notices).
To get started, click the Code Red image below:
To download the Code Red mobile ap, click below:
THIS SYSTEM WILL ONLY BE USED FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSES.
Examples of times when the CodeRED system could be utilized:
- Severe Weather situations
- Substantial Utility outages
- Evacuation notices
- Missing or lost persons
- Fires or Floods
- Major roadway issues
- Significant criminal situations
- Chemical spill or Gas leak
- Other community emergencies
- and other emergency incidents where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety.