A Permit on Demand is a permit issued for general electrical, mechanical, plumbing and roofing repairs and installations, where upon filing the application, the contractor is allowed to proceed with the work described on the Permit Application prior to full approval of the permit from the Building Official or Fire Official. Please call our department for specific information related to the Permit on Demand.
All work completed under a Permit on Demand is still required to conform to all applicable Codes in effect at time of application and the permit is also subject to the full approval of the Building Official or Fire Official. Inspections are required for all work performed and must be scheduled accordingly. Please see the Permit Submission Checklist requirements for a complete listing of all specific permit application requirements.
Permits issued as a Permit on Demand include:
- Minor electrical repairs and installations
- Generator installations (electrical)- prior approval is required for those within the Historic District
- Electrical service changes and upgrades
- Minor plumbing repairs and installations
- Mechanical (heating and AC system) repairs or replacements
- Fuel gas piping and tank installations
- Roofing repairs and replacements