There are four ways to register to vote, each requires proof of age, citizenship, and domicile, by document or affidavit.
- You may register to vote at the Town Clerk’s office up to 10 days before any election. The office is located in the Town Hall at 2 Main Street, Amherst.
- The Town Clerk’s hours are 9am-3pm, Monday through Friday and 4:30pm-6:30pm Tuesday.
- You may also register to vote with the Supervisors of the Checklist. They are required to meet at designated times to accept registrations and changes in party affiliation. These times are posted in the local newspaper, in the post office, in Town Hall.
- You may also register to vote on the day of any election, at the polling place. Be aware this will take extra time.
- You may register absentee, by mail.
- If you are unable to register in person because of physical disability, religious beliefs, military service, or because of temporary absence, you may register by mail. You should request an absentee voter registration affidavit and a standard voter registration form from your town or city clerk. The absentee voter registration affidavit must be witnessed and then both the affidavit and the voter registration form are to be returned to your town or city clerk. Allow enough time for this.
For more information on Voter Registration, visit the Website of the NH Secretery of State.