How to Vote

Vote in Person:

Primary Day is Tuesday, February 9, 2016.  The polls will be open from 6AM to 8PM at Souhegan High School, 412 Boston Post Road, Amherst, NH (6am to 8pm)

Additional Information provided by the State of NH:

Vote by Absentee Ballot:

Absentee ballots are available to registered voters of the town.  NH law requires that you vote in person at the polls unless you declare one of the following absences:

You plan to be absent on election day from the town where you are domiciled.
You cannot appear in public because of observance of a religious commitment.
You are unable to vote due to a disability. You cannot appear at any time during polling hours at the polling place because an employment obligation requires you to remain physically at work or to be in transit to or from work from the time the polls open until the time the polls close. 

Any person who votes or attempts to vote using an absentee ballot who is not entitled to vote by absentee ballot shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. RSA 657:24

Absentee ballots are available from your town or city clerk approximately 30 days before an election. Request the absentee ballot application from the clerk or you may download the application. If you wish, you may submit a request in writing that should include all the information required on the application: your name, voting address, mailing address and your signature.  

An application for an absentee ballot may also be transmitted by FAX to your town or city clerk.

Absentee ballots for the 2016 Presidential Primary may be requested in person at the town clerk’s office from 9AM to 3PM, Monday through Friday and Tuesday night from 4:30 to 6:30 and up to 5PM on Monday, February 8, 2016. They must be returned by 5PM on Monday, February 8, 2016 if returned in person or by 5PM on Election Day if received by mail. No absentee ballots will be accepted in hand at the polls. Absentee ballots may be requested by mail by submitting a request in writing with the signature of the requestor.

Absentee Ballot Application - The Secretary of State will have applications posted before state-wide elections.

Voters living outside the United States may file a UOCAVA absentee ballot application.

Voting in New Hampshire

If you have questions about your voting rights, you may contact the NH Secretary of State 603-271-3242 or the NH Attorney General 603-271-3658.