View Contact Info and Hours
The Planning Board consists of seven appointed members and several alternates. The members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen and their term of office is for three years. The Board reviews Non-Residential Site Plans, Water Resource Management Plans, Conditional Use Permits, Sign Master Plans and Subdivision Plans for new construction and existing parcels. They also make recommendations for changes to the Zoning Ordinance to be voted on by Town Meeting. The Planning Board meets the first Wednesday of the month for their Regular Meetings and the third Wednesday for Worksessions, both at 7:30 p.m. and is supported by staff in the Community Development Office.
Much of the work of the Amherst Planning Board is guided by the New Hampshire Revised Statutes Annotated (RSA), Title LXIV: Planning and Zoning and the Town’s Master Plan which was updated in 2010.
Appeals (RSA 677.15)
An appeal of a planning board decision concerning a site plan or a subdivision is taken to superior court and can be filed by an persons aggrieved by the decision. The procedures for an appeal of planning board decisions to the superior court are:
1. A petition must be filed with the court within 30 days. The clock starts when the decision being appealed has been filed and first becomes available for public inspection of the board, its clerk or secretary.
2. The petition must state the grounds on which the decision is claimed to be illegal or unreasonable.
3. The court may order the planning board to review the decision and set a time limit for such review.
4. The court may require a hearing or appoint a referee or court master to prepare a report.
5. The court must give land use board appeals priority on the court calendar.
6. The court may affirm, reverse, or modify the planning board's decision if there is an error of law or if the court finds that the decision is unreasonable based on the evidence presented.
Please contact the Office of Community Development, 673-6041 x204, should you have any questions.
|Arnold Rosenblatt||Chair (2019)|
|Michael Dell Orfano||Member (2019)|
|Clifford Harris||Member (2020)|
|Eric Hahn||Alternate (2018)|
|Marilyn Peterman||Member (2018)|
|Sally Wilkins||Member (2018)|